About the Project:
The WVL project is a five-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada. The project is aimed at tackling the barriers to gender equality and supporting the empowerment of women and girls through provision of technical and financial resources to local feminist/women’s rights organisation (LWROs) that are advancing the rights of women and girls and championing gender equality.
The WVL Nigeria Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) is a small grant designed to support innovative ideas and initiatives addressing women and girls’ rights issues from feminist organizations and/or women’s rights organizations or movements in Nigeria. The funding opportunity targets innovative ideas which can serve as a catalyst for new ways of doing things towards achieving gender equality and or women and girls enjoying their rights.
In 2020, 5 LWROs from Anambra, Oyo, Plateau, and Kebbi states plus the Federal Capital Territory received the first SIF Grant to implement innovative projects in the different states. These innovative projects included actions that addressed sexual and reproductive health rights of women and girls, advancing women’s political participation, and increasing girl’s enrolment and retention in secondary schools. Many of these actions employed technology and other forms of participatory actions, thus making them distinctive and contributing to results.
The 2022 SIF
The WVL- Nigeria Project is seeking to award women’s rights organizations with a competitive small grant to either test, pilot or scale up their innovative idea. The Innovative idea must contribute to women and girls enjoying their rights in project location.
Grant range – NGN1,000,000 to NGN2,000,000, and must be implemented within a 6-month to 1-year period.
If you are interested, kindly submit your innovation idea using the attached Concept Note templates on or before 11:59pm, 30th June 2022 to WVLNigeriaGrants@actionaid.org. Note that the template is expandable but ensure you stay within a 5–7-page limit.
- Only women-led and women focused organisations will be considered for this application.
- Only 1 application per organization will be considered.
- Only shortlisted organisations will be contacted due to volume of applications that may be received. However, all applications will be acknowledged through an automated email that requires NoReply from applicants. Kindly note that this does not amount to being pre-selected.
- The initial shortlist may also not amount to being signed onto this project, as AAN will conduct due diligence before award of grant.
- ActionAid Nigeria will not be responsible for any cost you may incur during the development of the Concept Note.
- AAN guidance on SHEA, Anticorruption, Terrorism and Conflict will apply in this process.
Not Accepting application at the moment.
 LWROs means women led and focused organisations including those working on advancing girls’ rights in Nigeria